Monday, June 15, 2009

Edward Said Conservatory Summer Camp- Birzeit

http://historyviolins.blogspot.com/2009/06/edward-said-conservatory-summer-camp.html

I'm a little drained to do a fuller writeup on what I've seen and heard from the Edward Said National Conservatory of Music so I will try and do so tomorrow. But I visited their three-day summer camp, which is taking place in Birzeit, a village a few kilometers from Ramallah. I wanted to post a few pictures, because it's quite amazing and the people there are great.





The mural outside the school is incredible. I really need to get a bigger camera lens.





The summer camp is an orchestra program; they're doing arrangements of the William Tell Overture and Finlandia.



They have a larger summer camp in July so hopefully I will be able to see more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment